Follow Us:

Advertisement

Bihar Issues Notices to 3 Lakh Individuals Over Voter Document Discrepancies

The ECI added that it has received 6,35,124 Form 6 applications with declarations from new voters who have turned 18 or above.

TIS Desk | Patna |

Advertisement

Around three lakh individuals in Bihar have been served notices by Electoral Registration Officers (EROs) after discrepancies were found in documents submitted during the ongoing Special Intensive Revision (SIR) of electoral rolls, sources told ANI.

According to officials, the majority of such cases have been reported from border and adjoining districts such as East Champaran, West Champaran, Madhubani, Kishanganj, Purnia, Katihar, Araria, and Supaul. Many of th individuals flagged are reportedly from Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar, and Afghanistan, the sources added.

Meanwhile, the Election Commission of India (ECI) said it received 53 claims and objections from the Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Liberation on Wednesday, all related to the draft electoral roll for Bihar. The deadline for filing claims and objections under the revision process is September 1.

So far, electors have submitted 1,78,948 claims and objections directly, of which 20,702 have been disposed of after the mandatory seven-day period. Political parties have also deputed 1,60,813 Booth Level Agents (BLAs) to assist in filing claims (Form 6) and objections (Form 7) on behalf of the public.

The ECI added that it has received 6,35,124 Form 6 applications with declarations from new voters who have turned 18 or above.

Under the rules, no name can be deleted from the draft electoral roll published on August 1, 2025, without a formal order by the concerned ERO/AERO following an inquiry and after giving individuals a fair opportunity to present their case. Lists of excluded names, along with reasons, are already available on district websites and the CEO’s official portal in searchable mode through EPIC numbers.

The Special Intensive Revision exercise in Bihar, which began on June 24, identified around 65 lakh ineligible electors, whose names were not included in the draft rolls released earlier this month.

Advertisement

Advertisement